Sage Production Management Module Coming Soon!
Sage Production Management is likely to be released at Sage Summit Atlanta!
This new solution from Sage is designed to replace the current Work Order module and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module utilized by manufacturers of all sizes in Sage 100. In anticipation of its release, Sage has outlined a few of the coming features and functionalities Sage 100 users can look forward to.
Sage Production Management is proposed to be a suite of manufacturing functionalities built on the Sage Business Object framework (aka “Business Framework”). This means Sage 100 users will receive the new manufacturing capabilities via a modernized platform capable of all the conveniences available in other modules including:
- Primary and secondary data entry grids
- Resizable windows
- Batch data entry
- Right-click context menus
- Grid export to Excel
- Custom scripting
- And more!
A few examples of the additional features rumored to be included in the coming release of Sage Production Management include:
- Real-time updates of inventory transactions and quantity on-hand as materials are issued to a Work Order.
- Ability to create New Work Orders from multiple sources, such as:
-Open work orders
-Historical work orders
Users will also have complete visibility as to how the work order was created.
- Ability to assign Regular Earnings Code and Overtime Earnings Code to Shop Employees
- Full capability to edit Work Ticket Steps and Materials until the Work Ticket is closed
- Ability to maintain Original and Revised Budgets for Labor, Materials & Other Direct Costs
- Easily move materials from one step to another step number
- Ability to use Revision Numbers on Work Order Templates
- Support for Make-to-Stock Job Type (requires add-on)
- Product Configurator (requires add-on)
- One-click Purchase Order capability for outside processing
- Support Make-to-Stock job type
- So much more!