Generic Inquiries for Reporting and Analytics
How Acumatica Generic Inquiries Can Work for You
Generic Inquiries in Acumatica offer a way to extract specific data and present it to reporting functions for analysis. But they are not just for reports – they can be used in dashboards, made available to BI tools, and offer drill down capabilities for even more detailed analysis. Send emails directly from filtered views to customers, vendors, employees, and other contacts in the ERP database. The Generic Inquiry writer is a reporting tool that can access any data in Acumatica—including data stored in customized fields—and publish it, export to Excel, or format it for OData. The OData formatting option exposes the data in the Open Data Format supported by business intelligence tools like Microsoft Power BI.
Key Benefits of Acumatica Generic Inquiries
Important Features of Acumatica Generic Inquiries
Generic Inquiries provide real-time data so organizations always have the current information at their fingertips.
Reuse Generic Inquiries for multiple applications. Make changes as needed.
Edit the inquiry form view and arrange the form elements as needed.
After saving changes, users can immediately check changes.
- Create multiple pivot tables for each generic inquiry.
- Use pivot tables to reorganize and summarize data in a generic inquiry and view it from different perspectives.
- Export a generic inquiry to MS Excel and place parameters on a separate Excel sheet.
- The result is an Excel file with a Data sheet containing the generic inquiry data and a Parameters sheet containing the parameters used prior to export.
- Export a generic inquiry as a report that can be modified in Acumatica Report Designer.
- Add a side panel to generic inquiries to show the details of specific records in an inquiry all on the same screen.
- Side panels can be resized, maximized, or minimized.
Easily send targeted communication to customers, vendors, prospects, employees, or other contacts through filtered Generic Inquiry results.
Navigate seamlessly to external URLs from Generic Inquiry results.
- Highlight rows or columns of a Generic Inquiry based on specified conditions. For example, when inquiring on “opportunities”, the resulting grid can show those opportunities that have been won in green, those that have no owner can be yellow, and opportunities that are late can be red.
- Users can request Generic Inquiries to display total values, including average, max, min, and sum.