After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your accounting software.
During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
How To Install AvaTax
Before you begin, make sure all Sage 100 users are logged out and the application is closed.
To install AvaTax for Sage 100:
- On the Sage 100 server, double-click the Sage 100 Avatax Connector .exe file, and then click Next.
- Read and accept the AvaTax License Agreement, and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate path to your Sage 100 directory, and then click Install.
- When installation is complete, click Finish.
Manually Registering the File:
- Locate and copy the AvaTax folder in the Sage 100 folder.
2. Copy the folder to the root-level of the drive on each workstation.
3. Open the AvaTax folder on each workstation, and then double-click register_for_com.bat.
Configure AvaTax for Your Accounting Software
- To configure AvaTax connect options:
On the Tasks tab, go to Sage 100 > Modules > Library Master > Setup, and then click AvaTax Configuration. If you receive the error message “You are not authorized to access this program,” follow these steps:
- Go to Library Master > Main > Role Maintenance.
- Select the administrative role you’re logged in as, and then add access to the Avalara tasks under Library Master > Reports/Forms and Library Master > Setup Options.
- Select the AvaTax Connect Options, and then click Accept.
2. In the AvaTax Configuration dialog box, complete the following steps:
- Account Number
- License Key
Use the information provided in an email from Avalara (sent to the email account you used to activate your account). It must match what’s saved in AvaTax.
Select AVATAX to use AvaTax to perform tax calculation for your customers.
The default shipping code when you enter a shipping charge on a sales document.
Validate Addresses into UPPERCASE
Optional: Select to save all address validation results in uppercase format.
Skip Tax Calculation for V/I Imports
Optional: Select to make AvaTax ignore transactions imported through the Visual Integrator jobs.
Enable Ship-To By Sales Order
Optional: Select to enable tax calculation based on the ship-to address at the line level of the transaction.
Enable A/R Ship-To Addresses
Optional: Select to enable selection of ship-to address on an A/R invoice.
Enter your company address, and then click the Avalara button to validate your address to ensure accurate tax calculation.
3. From the server and each workstation, click the AvaTax button, and then click Accept.