2020 Sales Tax Changes
What you need to know about the new tax rules going into effect
2019 brought dramatic changes in sales and use tax rules: 43 states adopted economic nexus laws, requiring out-of-state sellers to collect sales tax, and 36 of those states also enforced marketplace facilitator laws. Businesses of all sizes have had to scramble to keep up with changing tax liabilities, and it’s not expected to slow down.
As 2020 nears, now’s the time to prepare for even more sales tax changes to go into effect. View the webcast recording as our strategic partner, Avalara, provides in depth insight to arm you with knowledge on the biggest sales tax changes that went into effect in 2019 and what changes you can expect in 2020.
- The current state of sales and use tax in the U.S.
- Which states have enacted economic nexus, and what’s expected to change in 2020
- New requirements for marketplace sellers (Amazon, Etsy, etc.)
- A look at cross-border ecommerce and what international sellers must know about sales tax
- Answers to your own questions