Here at DSD, we’ve assembled a tight-knit group of talented individuals who take pride in the software and services that solve problems and facilitates business success. Our #1 goal is to energize the growth of businesses around the world by pairing smart technology with imagination.
Are you as excited about software and services as we are? Become part of our team.
Remote Marketing Intern
DSD Business Systems seeks bright undergrad marketing student to jump into our digital presence with both feet and make a big splash with the content!
In 2018, DSD launched a rebrand of the logo and website with the help of several agencies but much of the content was archived. With great ambition comes great responsibility so we now need to hire our internal marketing team to update our site map while delivering high-quality content and an exceptional user experience to our audience.
The marketing intern will be instrumental in this effort, helping create digital deliverables for use throughout our 45 offices as well as coordinating and launching marketing campaigns with our channel partners, re-blogging the latest news, and scheduling social media promotions via our digital channels.
ABOUT DSD Marketing
At DSD, we consult and resell software solutions based on a massive channel of business software partners – and then we create our own enhancement software to these established software solutions – so there is a LOT to communicate and keep up with. The goal is to address our audience’s business challenges and re-establish the DSD brand’s digital voice with the new logo. The technology environment is quick-paced and there is always something to do, something that has changed and some event to look forward to so we have a very exciting space.
We’re looking for someone who is prepared to take jump in with what is already going on and get hands-on experience learning the ins-and-outs of the business technology space within a high-growth company. The director of marketing started her journey at this level 7 years ago – so she is hoping to hire a future-minded individual who is hungry for the opportunity to turn this internship into a career!
- Aid in the creation of deeper content journey via wordpress publishing (content is created, just needs to be put in place with effective images, linking and great user experience.)
- Create effective inbound marketing content with the intent of delivering leads to the sales teams
- Develop beautiful webpages with high-quality online marketing assets
- Work company-wide to consult with different teams and collaborate on product marketing campaigns
- Coordinate marketing calendar for webinars, email campaigns, event dates, etc.
- Develop lasting relationships with software publishers, clients and the entire channel of partners nationwide.
Ideally our next intern would have:
- Superior communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Interest in learning digital strategies
- An eye for UX and design
- The flexibility to pivot daily
- The ability to identify inefficiencies
- A love for Marketing
- An interest in editing
- An analytical mind
- An interest in data
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong listening skills
- Humility to ask questions
- Tons of energy, humor, and enthusiasm for learning
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, positive energy, willingness to help
Experience w/ these tools a HUGE PLUS:
(content management + SEO)
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Outlook
(email + calendar)
- Microsoft One Drive
- Microsoft Teams
(social media scheduling)
(possible email campaign creation)
This position will be part-time, contract (24-30 hours per week) and will report to the Director of Marketing.
Location is flexible during COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders but working hours will be during the PST work day (8/9am – 5/6pm).
Because DSD has a very healthy digital work environment this remote internship has been successful with the use of Microsoft Teams, Outlook + OneDrive and Google Suite – all marketing tools are digital and cloud based so work can be done and shared from anywhere. There is likely to be Digital Face-to-Face meetings and screen-share training initially but the current intern has been fully remote through the school year and even on her study abroad. COMMUNICATION IS KEY TO REMOTE SUCCESS!
If we can make it work, we will!
HOW TO APPLY
Please specify availability and familiarity with tools above within your cover letter and send along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!