Streamline Your Distribution Management
If you’re managing inventory, distribution, or manufacturing, you know it can be very difficult to maintain such operations and keep them running efficiently. There are common problems that occur with distribution management, but solving them can be simple. Forecasting and reporting can go a long way to improve your distribution.
Below are some examples of common issues you may experience with your distribution management.
Tracking Stock Levels
Without any automated records of your inventory, it can be difficult to keep track of everything. If inventory is all handled manually, there is a chance for you to lose track of certain items that may then cause inconsistencies with your consumers’ purchases. This ultimately leads to confusion between staff and your customers when requested items aren’t in stock as expected. Not only does this create internal stress for you and your team, but it also leads to bad customer service experiences that are even more damaging to your business.
Additionally, extra inventory that isn’t moving through your business is essentially damaging your cash flow. An automated inventory system helps track stock of your most important products in real time
Storage systems and making use of your warehouse space is helpful, but if you do not have an electronic record of your products, they will be more difficult to find and ultimately take longer to get to your consumers. Automate your inventory location tracking system so your staff can quickly and easily find the products they need. This can drastically reduce time wasted searching for misplaced goods to the benefit of your team and your customers.
Multiple Overlapping Processes
Without an automated warehouse system, there’s a chance that a ticket for an order goes through multiple hands until it’s finally fulfilled. This causes a longer wait time for your consumers to receive their products and will eventually frustrate them. Confusion like this can lead to missing or unfulfilled orders and wasted labor hours spent tracking down lost tickets and mismatched orders.
How Does Automated Distribution Management Eliminate These Problems?
Using an automated software like Sage 100 allows you and your business the opportunity to report and track all your inventory. This system allows you to keep an electronic log of your products, their locations, purchasing, and order fulfillment applications in real time. Here are some key ways systems like Sage 100 can optimize your distribution management:
- Purchasing and production records. Sage 100 can help you avoid delays by keeping track of your purchasing and production records. This system maintains a constant report of your inventory that logs changes in real time, so you’ll know exactly when products enter and exit your inventory. Tracking like this enables you to make more prudent purchasing decisions and keep a healthy balance of overstock without limiting your cash flow.
- Complete history and bill of materials. This automated system will keep an entire history of all purchases and reports of all inventory that has moved through your business. This will help you keep an eye on trends of which products are doing well and which are not. This can help with future purchasing decisions and allow you to more efficiently forecast your budget.
- Inventory management. Sage 100 keeps track of your products at every stage the inventory process. You can locate any product and see an accurate report of the quantity in stock at any time. This reporting allows customer service to confidently tell consumers about the status of their orders and item availability.
- Warehouse layout and inventory location. An automated system can help you organize your warehouse as efficiently as possible. For example, you can track your sales over time to see which items tend to move the most quickly. You can then rearrange your inventory so your most often sold items are as close to your shipping area as possible.
This means your team doesn’t spend as long on quick orders for your most popular items. Over time, you can use your automated system to rearrange your layout for complete efficiency over incoming and outgoing shipments. Cutting down on warehouse traffic is a tremendous boost to your overall productivity.
- Shipping. Distribution management systems allow you to keep track of shipping and give your consumers real-time updates for their orders. You can track items as soon as they leave your warehouse until they reach your customers’ doorsteps. Sage 100 will also advise on the best shipping method to get the product to the consumer in the most efficient way possible. Use this system to offer your customers multiple shipping options and customize your shipping center so your team can efficiently manage multiple shipping channels.
- Keeping track of cash flow. Automated distribution systems enable you to have a consistently accurate record of your company’s cash flow. This streamlines your efforts by keeping all your purchasing and fulfillment records in the same place. Keep track of inventory and never over-order products. A healthy inventory level is one of the best ways to protect and maintain a positive cash flow.
Utilize Distribution Management Software Today
Products like Sage 100 streamlines your distribution and inventory management. Management of these processes saves you money through various avenues. You’ll spend less on products you don’t need. Fewer labor hours will be used searching for products and distributing them. Customer satisfaction levels will rise as products will be shipped more accurately and efficiently.
Properly forecast upcoming trends for the business and make sure your inventory and warehouse are prepared with Sage 100.