DSD’s Strategic Consultation: A Software Health Check
As the end of the year begins to approach, we like to remind our clients annually how important it is to conduct regular system health checks for their business management software. A regular system health check allows our client’s business software to run efficiently, reliably, securely, and at peak performance. Continue reading our blog below to learn what DSD Business Systems includes in our Strategic Consultation Health Check.
First, DSD Business Systems conducts a “health check” of our client’s ERP software to make sure that it is operating at maximum efficiency. Then we review their current business model to find ways to make the system more effective.
DSD’s Strategic Consultation Includes a Review of:
- Your organizational changes and strategic goals. How have they changed since we last talked? We’ll let you know what we think we know about you, and you can fill in any gaps. We want to know about additional staff or departures, and if any of your new staff needs to be trained. Best of all, if you’re on a current maintenance plan, we’ll provide a couple of hours of training at no charge. Are you planning any acquisitions or to be acquired? We can be of great assistance in this area.
- Your “special sauce”. Has it changed since the software was first installed? Has it changed in the past year? Is your software allowing you to take maximum advantage of these most important competitive differentiators?
- The road ahead. We’ll let you know what’s in store for your software in the next 18 months, and if you’re not on a current version, we’ll let you know what features you’re not currently taking advantage of.
- Changes at DSD since we last talked. We’ll let you know what additional resources that we’ve acquired, that will help you be more successful. We want to know anything that we can do to better serve you.
- What you own. We’ll let you know exactly what you’re licensed to use. This may seem obvious, but it’s not unusual for companies to own modules that they don’t know about. For instance, if you are using Sage 100 ERP, you may very well own a Sage Intelligence or a Sage CRM license that you don’t know about. These licenses allow you to take advantage of the business intelligence and customer relationship management capabilities that are built into your system.
- The Sage Customer Portal. This is an internet gateway to all of Sage’s customer-facing resources. We’ll show you how to get in, and how to configure the portal in order to optimize the communications between you, Sage and DSD.
- Your annual Sage maintenance renewal. We’ll make sure that you’re budgeted for it, and we’ll confirm that you are still using (and need) the modules, users and components that your annual maintenance plan is based on, so that you’re not overpaying. And we’ll also talk to you about a Sage Gold Business Care Plan and how it might benefit you.
- We’ll give you suggestions concerning your IT policies, as they relate to your business software, and we are particularly interested in confirming that your backups are being made properly.
Schedule your Strategic Consultation
Our mission is to help you execute your mission. We want your ERP and CRM software to allow you to be more effective, more self-reliant and more efficient. DSD’s Strategic Consultation is an important step in that process, so we hope you schedule an annual software health check soon. Please contact DSD Business Systems to schedule your strategic consultation.
Written by Doug Deane, President & CEO of DSD Business Systems.